Thursday, April 23, 2009

Randomness

It's been a while, mainly because I was busy getting ready for Emma's birthday party and my mom's visit on Easter weekend. Then the following week, Anna stopped napping reliably between 2 and 4 every day, and Emma dropped her morning nap. It really threw me for a loop last week, mainly because I ended up with almost no time to myself, and no time to blog! I did enjoy the extra time with the girls though. Anna was always so grouchy after her nap, and I didn't miss that at all!! Right now she's pretty much napping every other day, in her "big girl" bed, and is usually not so grouchy when she does nap. This past week was much better. Still didn't blog, but I did paint a flower on Anna's wall and started another butterfly when she was at Mother's Day Out on Tuesday. It was great fun!

Before we get to photos, I have to tell 2 very cute stories about Anna... we were driving the other day when she noticed a little road sign that had been knocked over. Here's how the conversation went...
Anna: Momma what's that?
Me: Somebody crashed into the sign and knocked it over honey.
Anna: Oh. It was a boy.
Me: Really!?
Anna: Yes, it was a boy driving.
I don't think she's formed opinions about boy drivers yet, but she is very interested in telling me who is a boy… Anton’s a boy, Pappa’s a boy, Aidan is a boy, etc. Maybe she associates boys with the reckless things she sees Anton doing at home, who knows?

Another one later on that day…
Anna: Momma when I’m a teenager, I will go to Anton’s school.
Me: Yes, that’s right honey, you’ll go to Anton’s school when you’re a teenager.
Anna: Not yet Momma, I’m still 2!
We had taken Anton to school that morning, and I’m constantly telling her she can’t do certain things until she’s a teenager (like use knives in the kitchen).

So anyway, here’s some fun pictures from the week before Easter that were just too cute not to post (by the way, if you want to see more, let me know and I’ll send you the snapfish email). I promise Easter and Birthday is next!

Anton had a performace at school recently. It's nice when he plays the xylophone (SP??) because Tony can get a good picture. When he's playing the drums, we can usually only see the top of his head! Anyway, it was a great show as usual. He also just got back from a trip with the band to Missouri. He had a great time, and the band director sent us all a sappy email about how awesome the band kids are. Proud and grateful!
Emma standing. Anton loves to coach her on standing and walking. She stands on her own usually every day for a few seconds, and she has taken a tiny littly baby step a few days in the past week. I think we're still a month away from real walking...

Big brothers rock!
Chase me Pappa!

Tony & Emma reading Mountain Bike magazine. Lots of fun play in the backyard!
Anton had friends over later that evening. Teenagers are so fun!So much playing, and then homework did him in!

1 comment:

Shaun said...

LOVE the shot of Anton sleeping - we always snap out littlies when they fall asleep in funny spots - awesome to see a big ole teenager sleeping like a baby!