EMMA
- is a cheese FREAK! Every time I open the fridge, she runs to it and tries to get the cheese out of the bottom drawer. Even if she has just had a full meal that included cheese. She will eat cheese any time that I offer it to her.
- luckily will eat sufficient fruit to support her cheese habit. She doesn't love it like Anna, but she eats enough of it.
- eats a lot in general. She definitely consumes more calories than Anna. Her favorites are sweet potatoes, rice & beans, and of course, cheese.
- only says "Mama". She makes lots of other noises, mostly grunts, sweet humming noise and giggles. I think Anna said words a little slower than her friends too.
- LOVES LOVES LOVES for me to read to her. She is constantly bringing me books throughout the day.
- was 25% in weight and 90% in height for her age at her 15 month check-up.
- goes to sleep like a dream.
- is totally addicted to a tiny bunny one of our babysitter's gave her when she was born. It reminds me on Lionus and his blanket. If I have forgotten to bring it to bed, or worse - it's in the laundry, she DOES NOT go to sleep like a dream.
- wakes up at about 6:45-7am.
- has learned to feed Junior (well at least she watches with great interest, stick her hands in the bin and will pick up stray pieces of food and put it in his bowl). She gets great joy out of picking up the full bowl of food and taking it outside for him. It's pretty darn cute... one of these days I'll get a video.
ANNA
- talks constantly. I can understand about 95% of what she says. She is very animated and so so cute.
- does not like to wear dresses. She loves to wear "long shorts" and t-shirts.
- is taking swim lessons. They are private lessons with a sweet teenager who is about to head to A&M for college. We go once or twice a week. "Miss Sarah" makes her put her face in the water. Anna doesn't like this, but she seems to like the idea that she has swim lessons. I got her some tiny goggles, which she calls "Sun gobbles". It is hilarous. Today she had a really good lesson and put her face in the water without complaining.
- was potty trained at the beginning of June. She was wearing real underwear for about a month, except at night. Accidents were rare. Then, 2 weeks ago, she started having accidents. Then LOTS of accidents. Many times they seemed intentional. She doesn't respond to treats.
- is wearing diapers again.
- eats like a bird, but thankfully she will consistently eat healthy food.
- loves to drum. I actually have a picture I'll post soon.
- does NOT go to sleep like a dream. hardly ever! I think I need to work on that!
- wakes up at 6:20am every morning, give or take 10 minutes. While I am not an early bird myself, I have enjoyed that she can come into our room by herself and get in bed and cuddle with me.
- LOVES to cuddle!!!
ANTON
- took an online class (Health) this summer to make room in his schedule for at least one fun elective down the road. He seems determined to take band and soccer all 4 years of High School, which takes up all his free electives.
- loves science. He's constantly trying to explain things to me and ask me scientific questions. It all just makes my eyes glaze over. He and Tony sound like the biggest nerds when they are together sometimes. I'm so proud of them!!!
- wants to study bio-mechanical engineering in college. Something to do with robotics and prostetics (he wants to make them work like Will Smith's fake arm in I-Robot). I guess that is coming up soon!!! Well, it's still 3 years away, but my it is going by fast!!!
- is at UM Army this week. It's a mission trip in Texas. They fix up people's houses who, for various reasons, cannot do these things themselves. Tony is on the trip too. I miss them!! But I am glad they are serving the Lord this way.
- is GREAT with the girls!!!!! It has been nice to have him around during day some this summer. Besides just being fun to be around, I have gotten to run out for quick things while he's home with the napping babies. If only he would change diapers!!!
- loves to play video games. I guess it's a guy thing.
- plays the drums for youth worship almost every Sunday morning. It's really fun to watch him, and he really enjoys it.
I'm sure I could add more, but it's late and I need to sleep!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment