Sunday, August 16, 2009

BABY CUTENESS!

Taking a little break in the vacation blogging to bring you some random baby cuteness from the past week...

Anna and Emma eating homeade juice popsicles... Anna calls them "frozen", as in "I want a frozen", probably because I had to tell her all day long that they weren't frozen yet. It is a great after-nap snack to pull her out of the grumpy mood she's often in when she wakes up.


Trying to get a cute pose of Anna with brushed hair. Fake smile, but hey look at that hair!!
More fake smiling in the tunnel.

Emma in the backyard where she loves to be! The grass was really tall from us being gone and Tony/Anton not cutting it yet. And Anna in the backyard. I know the picture's a little fuzzy, but I love this typical Anna expression. She was probably having a conversation with an imaginary friend.

I managed to take 1 picture at playgroup last Friday - the girls were loving Amy's reading of the nursery rhymes book. Here they just finished "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". I love how someone put the doll on the windowsill in the background. A funny story about dolls - this morning I was sleeping in (yeah for Tony!!!) and Tony told me that Anna went to get a doll during breakfast and he looked down at her a few minutes later to find the baby with a bib on and oatmeal all over her face.
Still in the cute church dress after lunch today. I love to watch her walk from behind for some reason. It was really cute to watch her walk away from me in the nursery this morning and go to the snack table. She never looks back, so it's fun to watch her. Anna was still crying when she got dropped off at this age, but I can watch her now too.
Emma giving me the sign for "milk". She puts her lips together and makes a sound like "mmmmm-a" while she squeezes her little hands into a tight fist. She's getting used to drinking cow milk out of a cup, which I don't think is really what she was asking for, but she usually does great with the substitution.
Close up of making the milk sign. So serious about communicating!!!

Now for some videos (soundless). The first one is Emma throwing her diaper away, which she LOVES to do! She always claps for herself after accomplishing this task. Then she was shaking her head no about something, and then I asked her if she could say yes. It actally took quite an effort to teach her to do that. She was always shaking no but never said yes, so I practiced with her. I would taked her head in my hands and nod it up and down. Only she would keep her neck really stiff so I would have to exaggerate the motion greatly to get her head to go back. I think the result is pretty funny. She looks like she's putting lots of thought and effort into making her head go back that far to nod yes.

And a close up just of "yes", with finger intact in the mouth. She still sucks on that finger quite a bit. I'm sure I'll have to break out the yucky fingernail polish or something to break her of that someday.

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?" "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." Romans 11:33-36

2 comments:

The Pences said...

LOVE baby cuteness! Although I hate to break it to you, but I don't think they're babies anymore. So big! We had fun at playday!

Lisa Vandenberge said...

Hey as long as Anna is in a diaper, she's still a baby!!!!