Monday, March 15, 2010

What my kids are doing

EMMA
- is talking more and more. I can understand most of what she says, but I am probably the only one. She has a VERY sweet & cute voice!
- says OK a lot. It sounds like "uh-kaayye". Here some other phonetic spellings of some of her words that I love:
- Bunny "buh-eee". Bunny goes EVERYWHERE and gets washed at least every other day.
- Monkey "mahn". Her monkey is small and porcelain. She painted it at a friend's birthday party at one of those pottery places. She carries it around as much as I'll let her, and she sleeps with it. Amazingly it only has one chip on it after 3 months. Funny girl!!
- Duck. She pronounces it pretty well and has been saying it for a while. Anything that looks like a bird is a duck.
- Choo Choo. She has this one down. She LOVES Thomas!
- Airplane "eah-plane". We see a lot of them on our frequent walks since we live somewhat close to an airport.
- is wearing mostly size 2T. She can wear some 3T hand me downs if they are shirts or dresses. She can still wear her 12 month shorts/skirts/capris from last year.
- is FINALLY going to get her first real haircut tomorrow. I hope I remember my camera!!
- loves to dance. Sometimes when she does it she'll say "I dancing".
- has started to say some little sentences like "I sit down" or "Mama read book".
- is still a great eater, but has stopped liking a lot fruit. She LOVES asparagus of all things. She also likes tomatoes, avacados and very buttery brocolli. She loves just about any starchy food, except she doesn't always like bread. Neither of my girls will eat a white potato of any kind except french fries.
- Loves to be outside.

ANNA...
- was officially 3 1/2 on Saturday!
- is a great eater.
- seems very grown up all of a sudden.
- asks me "why" about a million times a day. She asks me about almost everything that she sees around her and wants an explanation for all of it. For example... "Mama why is there a police man in the road?" Because there's a lot of cars when it's time to go to school, and he helps everyone get there and be safe. "Why is it time to go to school?" Because this is just when school starts. "Why do teenagers go to school every day?" etc.
- has officially stopped napping just in the last week. For about a month I held on tight to that nap by letting her fall asleep laying down in bed with me, but it's over. I'm still grieving, but I think I'll like having her go to bed earlier once I get used to the new routine. We just started gathering up a basket of toys for quiet play upstairs for 45 minutes. She's still getting used to it.
- wears mostly 4T, but I don't buy her that size anymore unless it's something that is cut long. It's kind of hard to shop for her because it totally depends on how something is cut. Luckily we got lots of great hand me downs from a friend so I'm not shopping much anyway! :) She wears lots of 5's already. Long sleeve things are too long in the arms but they fit her long torso. Short sleaves are easier - she just wears 5's, but she can still fit into some of her 4's from last year. Same with dresses. Spaghetti stas are pretty much out of the question - if they're big enough to cover her belly, they just fall off her shoulders. Pants are a differ story! Luckily the little girl sizes come in 4 slim, which is the size jeans I got her this winter. She can still wear her 24 month shorts and capris from last summer.

ANTON
- was offically 16 1/2 last Tuesday.
- is 6'1", has slightly bigger feet than Tony and wears the same size pants as Tony. He could wear an XL shirt like Tony but he usually prefers a L still.
- is finished with soccer season. He still has band, but only one day a week most weeks.
- is signed up for drivers ed in April. We're all excited!
- eats my healthy food with gratitude (most of it anyway) but eats junk food as much as he can.
- is in Puerto Rico with his mom right now for spring break. He actually went last week because his aunt died and the funeral was there. I hope he's having a meaningful time with his family!
- got a new bike a month or so ago - a used one. It's pretty handy because it doesn't have clipless pedals like my bike so I can use his if I don't want to wear my bike shoes. We both like it a lot.
- really wants to go to UT (that's University of Texas, NOT Tennessee as I first thought when I moved here from Georgia).
- is adored by his little sisters (especially Emma) and his little brother too from what I can tell.

No comments: