Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween

 We had a really fun Halloween weekend!  I managed to get these pictures all out of order... First is "trunk or treat" at our church Sunday night.  They had bouncy houses...

 Everybody decorated their trunks and gave out candy from them while the kids trick-or-treated.  Here's our trunk with Tony inside.
 My cute kitty-cats!
Emma is at the stage where she is up way too late if she gets a good nap, but most of the time she can't quite make it till bedtime without at least a little one.  I try to let her take really really short naps most of the time, but she didn't have one that Sunday.  We came home from church around 5:30, and she immediately laid down in the playroom and did this.  It made for an interesting dinner when I made her wake up 1/2 an hour later!!
 We took a little family picture in the backyard sometime that weekend when Anton came over for a little while. 
 This is how Emma plays with her baby doll high chair. :)  He needed a bib. :)
 They made a bunch of little play-doh puppy dogs and food for them all.
 The game that weekend was "Senior night".  All the seniors involved with football came through the big panther before the game with their parents and got announced - the players, band, drill team and cheerleaders.  There's Anton with Tony and Lola.  I think there was a photographer right down in front so hopefully we'll get a better picture.

 Joanna and Jessica came with us too, but this was the only picture I took.  For some reason this big reggae banana is the band mascot.
Before all that, the girls had Halloween parties at school.  Here's Emma playing a game.
And a video of the game.  I love how our friend Emma H is dancing!!  (in the Belle costume)
Emma eating her snack.  She eats really slow.  She only had time to eat the frosting off the cupcake when the games started.  She made me save the rest but then forgot about it. :)
 Anna's class playing a game...
 Anna eating her snack.
 Sitting next to her bff...
 Another game in Emma's class - pin the tail on the black cat.  I was running back and forth between the parties, in case you were wondering.

 This is Emma when I first dropped her off at her class earlier.  She has this expression whenever I drop her off anywhere at church.  I think maybe she's always out of sorts for a few minutes without her sister because she doesn't do this at the gym where they stay together.  She always warms up though and talks about school/bible study/Sunday school with lots of excitement.  Maybe she's a little shy like I was. :)
 They also got to have a parade through the offices, where they trick-or-treated and got candy from the church staff.  They aren't kitty-cats at school because the cats are pretty warm, and it was 80+ degrees outside that day.  I had some leftover costumes we used so they weren't miserable hot. 

 Anna's class outside.
 Emma's class waited inside...

The girls helped Tony make this little picnic table over the weekend.  He gets antsy if he's not building or repairing somehting.  I love being married to an engineer!
 The real halloween!  Emma wouldn't wear her cat ears or any face makeup so I dug out these matching bows to kind of look like ears. :)
 Getting the loot...
 And sorting the loot!  I think they enjoy looking at all the candy as much as they do eating it.
Halloween was a lot of fun.  There's some things about this holiday I don't like, but dressing up my cute little girls and seeing them get so excited about collecting candy is great.  :)

1 comment:

Jaci said...

"interesting" dinner. Bet there are a few different adjectives you could have used!! Emma is looking so big.