Monday, August 6, 2012

Haircut and Creative Arts Camp

I sent the girls to a Creative Arts Camp at a Baptist Church a couple of weeks ago.  It was Monday-Thursday 9-3 and they had a performance on Thursday night.  The girls had a great time, and it was wonderful to see them excited about all the praise songs they were learning.  Here are some pictures from the performance.




This is Anna's hair that she cut off when I had fallen asleep on the sofa a few days before the camp started.  Her hair had been braided that day, and the hair above her ear was falling out, so she cut it off so that it wouldn't be hanging down.  I did something very similar when I was about her age with the hair that always hangs down in the back between pigtails.  I still get sad when I look at her head!!
  I zoomed in on this picture so you could see Anna's new haircut.   Right now the longer hair above the  short part kind of covers it, and she usually wants to wear a flower to cover it.  I can usually hide it, but it is hard to even attach a flower because the hair is SOOO short.  When she puts the flower in, she usually puts it back too far and this is what you see.  She kind of looks like she had surgery with a head shave that is growing out.  At least I am so thankful that is not the case!!!!!  Anyway, there is a 1 inch bald line right at her temple (and the hair is about 1/4 inch long).  Then there's a big patch under the line with 1/2 - 1 inch long hair.  I'm planning to get it all cut off once the really short section grows enough so that you can't see her scalp.  She is bummed about it too, so I don't think she'll do it again.
 Anna was excited to be at the camp with her good friend Kaydee, who is right beside her.

I praise God for the wonderful churches in our community!!!  May all children know the joy of praising Him!!

No comments: