I'm way behind on the blogging thing, but my friends today convinced me that I had to blog that Emma rolled over for the 1st time - I think it was yesterday - even if I don't post pictures. I think I got a little stuck on the vacation because there are so many pictures to go through to pick out some for the blog - it will happen eventually. Anyway, Emma was practicing rolling over quite a bit today at our play group. It is very cute, but she still gets stuck on the arm she rolls over on and gets frustrated. She continued to practice the rest of the day, including when I put her to bed tonight. I had to put those little sleep positioner cushions on either side of her so she would stop rolling over and go to sleep. She will be 5 months old on Monday and she is doing GREAT! She is an absolute joy and EASY baby. She's been sleeping through the night for a month or so, and is pretty much in a good mood all the time. She does still have reflux and spits up ALL the time, but who can complain about doing a ton of laudry for such a happy baby?
The rest of the family is doing great too. Anna will be 2 a week from Saturday and is busy busy learning and doing so much. She loves to talk and "help" mama with laundry, cooking and taking care of Emma. She will start her little mother's day out school twice a week next Tuesday - something I've been looking forward to for a couple of months now!!! She is a lot of fun, but I think she gets bored around the house. I'm really looking forward to getting some things done (like getting my life a little more organized and putting pictures on the blog) while she's at school so I can spend more quality time with her the other days. I'm also looking forward to spending more one on one time with Emma.
Anton started High School a couple of weeks ago, and that seems to be going well. He plays snare with the marching band and is loving it. He will be 15 next Tuesday!!!! I'm expecting he'll be asking us about a learner's permit soon once he gets more settled into the new school life. It's hard to believe that a year from now he could potentially be driving off in a car by himself!!!! He got to drum with some senior HS kids and recents HS grads at a youth church retreat right after our vacation and had a blast doing it. He also sounded really great, and it was so fun to watch him. Hopefully he'll have more opportunities to play at church this year.
So life with 3 kids and a dog is a busy but a very happy way to spend my days on earth lately. I am so so grateful to God for my sweet husband and kids and this precious time in our lives.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment