Wednesday, July 28, 2010

CO Part 2 - Breckenridge!!

There were lots of wildflowers to explore in Breckenridge!!Having a teenager is like 98% sooooo much fun!!!!Here's our cabin at about 10,000 feet. We all felt the altitude! We really loved Brec in the summer!! It definitely helped that we had a trail right at the end of the street! Here's the view from the back deck.
I got to go on LOTS of bike rides - at least one every day! It was soooo great!!! Between the high altitude (your body has to work a lot harder and burns more calories just to pump blood... in case you didn't know) and all the exercise, I think I lost at least 5 pounds. Unfortunately I think I gained it all back at the end of the trip while we were camping..... Anyway, here I am very excited to head out on a ride!
Anton enjoyed sleeping in late almost every day.
Junior had a nice big fenced yard to sniff around in (below the deck).

My girls were very good about wearing their hats in the bright sun - and looking so so cute!

Emma is praying before breakfast here. Look at those precious little folded hands!
This was our little street. An awesome trail starts at the end where the wall of trees is. Tony took Anna for a walk almost every day. It was usually just Anna because Emma got used to sleeping in way late, but she was awake for this one and Tony took TONS of pictures of them in the wildflowers.
A family hike to a nearby picnic bench with a view. Those are slopes in the background. It really made me want to go skiing!
We found this little creek. The kids all LOVED playing here. The girls could have thrown rocks for hours every day!

Anton was always up for watching a movie with the girls. There was a small stash of Disney movies. Anna's favorite was Beauty and the Beast.Awwwww.....
Anton spent one day volunteering with a group who was working on some mountain biking trails. He helped build this ramp. That's the ski slopes in the background.
Anton catching air on his new ramp!
I've recently realized that Tony and don't take many pictures of just the 2 of us, so I've been trying to think about it more. I think this is one of maybe 3 from the whole trip. As my mama would say, some is better'n none!!!
More Breckenridge later, for anyone who is still interested!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Oh! Makes me miss home. I love the pic of you and Tony.