Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday Fun!

Anna and Emma both had little friends invite them to birthday parties last weekend.  Friday was Katie's 3rd bithday party at a playground (she's the one in the middle).  We are so glad God made Katie!!
 Here are 3 hot and sweaty girls eagerly awaiting the cupcakes to be served.
They played long and hard!  They both wanted to take a nap in my bed afterwards.  So sweet!
 Saturday was Abby's 4th birthday party at one of those jumping places.  Everyone had so much fun!
I mostly got to visit with some girlfriends while my girls played/jumped on their own, but Emma wanted me to do a couple of things with her.  I got some cute videos!

There's the birthday girl with her stylin' and very yummy cake.  We are so glad God made Abby!

On Sunday the preschool classes sang some songs at church.  It was so cute!!  She looked a little nervous, but she sang all the songs.  She often says that she wants to sing at the front of the church like Mrs. Jessica, so we were both excited for her debut!  I hope she can pick up some voice skills somewhere because I can't even sing our little meal blessing in tune.

Later on I let her get into this kiddie make-up kit that my mom got for all her girl grandchildren (the other 2 are quite a bit older than my girls).  Somehow we ended up with it, and Anna has been begging me to play with it.  I quickly figured out that it's something I need to supervise closely.
 I'm not sure why she thought to put it on like this, but I thought she did a pretty good job getting it even with both eyes.  You wouldn't know it now, but I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE makeup when I was younger.  I think I'll just get out a couple of tubes of lip gloss for now and put the rest away for a few years...
 Tony was in Holland visiting his mother this weekend.  When he came home, the girls wanted to fix his hair.  I guess Emma decided the pretty pink scrunchies would work better as bracelets, but if you look close you can see that she's trying to use the curling iron on his head. 
We are so blessed, and I am so thankful!

No comments: