Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma

Emma's 3rd birthday was last Friday.  Oh how I praise God for making my sweet little Emma!!!  These
pictures are all out of order again...still getting used to the new and "improved" blogger downloading thing.  Rearranging is very slow and frustrating... Anyway, Anna was almost as excited as Emma!
 
 
Emma finally decided to sleep in her big girl bed (in Anna's room) the night before her birthday. Anna was already asleep when I let her go in there. We've tried every night since but she keeps Anna awake and ends up back in her crib in her room.



 
She has also been taking naps in her big girl bed.  It works better since Anna isn't in there.

Eating breakfast the morning after her birthday (the morning before her party).
 She decorated herself with Toy Story stickers before everyone got here and had fun in the bouncy house!
 The Mamas had fun hanging out!
 I got this idea for digging for "gold" from some online party planning webpage.  Goes with the western theme of the 2nd Toy Story movie.  Good idea and the kids really LOVED playing in the sand, but the sand was wet and very very messy!!! 

 Lots of playing went on inside too!
 I thought it was cute how James matched the tablecloth!
 Emma loved blowing out the candles on her cupcake.  She insisted on the "3" candle as well as 3 regular candles.  We repeated this, along with singing happy birthday, for a couple of days until the leftover cupcakes were gone.


A bunch of little kids eating cupcakes is just so cute!!






My mom sent these big Woody and Buzz pillow-type creatures.  The girls have been cuddling with them non-stop and sleeping with them every night. 





Oh how I love my Emma!!  Here's the day she was born...
 Her 1st birthday..
 and 2nd birthday.  She was freaked out by the birthday song last year.  This is the face she made while we sang to her.  Thankfully she has gotten over that!!

1 comment:

The Pences said...

1.) We so love our Emma too!
2.) I think it is only appropriate for you to edit OUT rolls on your friends before you post pictures. Just sayin'
3.) Are you using Windows Live Writer to blog? 'Cause if not, you should be. Sooooooooo much easier. And if you are, and that's where your pictures are getting so out of order, I can help you with that. I have a system. :)