Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Aidan and other fun summer stuff

Our friend Aidan had his birthday at a skating rink last weekend.  I dropped off Emma to play with Natalie and James (and their daddy) and took Jessica and Joanna to the party.  Tony and Anton were in Lubbock checking out Texas Tech, and I didn't want to be chasing 2 little girls going in 2 directions at a busy skating rink.  We all had a great time!  I got on the rink just in my tennis shoes - I had discovered this is more comfortable and convenient from the last time I took Anna here.  Anyway, here's Jessica with the 2 girls...
And Joanna...
There's the sweet and very happy birthday boy!
Eating pizza...
I think this is the chicken dance, or maybe the hokey pokey. 
Singing happy birthday with his Irom Man cake!  It was so great to celebrate Aidan's birthday!!  We're so glad God made him!!

On Monday, Anton babysat the girls while I ran a couple of errands.  This is what they were doing when I came home - he built a fort for them.
Aren't they all so cute?!
Emma looks way to grown up for me here!
We put the crib frame up in the attic a while back, but we didn't want the mattress to get moldy so it's just sitting around in the spare room now.  Anton used it for sledding down the stairs.  The helmets were his idea - aren't you proud of him??
It was hard to get a good picture because of the sunlight coming through those high windows in the back, but you get the idea. :)

Here' a video of Anna going down.  Emma didn't want any party of it. I'm so glad Emma is potty trained now so Anton can babysit them!!! (I'm glad for other reasons too!)


Emma finally started putting her head underwater last week so she can swim a little now.  Here she is with our swim teacher Mrs. Jen!
After lessons that day we got to eat lunch at Jessica's house.  The girls wanted me to read "The Little Engine that Could".  I love these fun summer days!!!!

No comments: