Tony and Anton headed down to Costa Rica on Friday, so I took the girls to visit some family. Our first stop was Greenville to visit my grandmother.
There's a little river by her house. The girls played in the sand and got their tennis shoes all wet and dirty. The river is pretty fast so I have to be totally on top of them to stay safe, but it was fun watching them have so much fun.Here's my hot sweaty girls taking of the dirty shoes...
My mom came too. She got there a few hours before me and went to the grocery store to get food for us and blue frosting cupcakes. I loved all of Emma's funny faces!
We went down to the river again, this time in flip flops. You can see how fast the river is - oh it makes me nervous just looking at the picture! They had so much fun though!
I think they came back with the sand all over them, so we stripped them down and gave them popsicles. Doesn't that sound like an awesome time when you are 3 and 4 1/2??
My grandmother didn't really have any toys, but she has quite a collection of those little musical animals that they sell for holidays. My mom and her sister have been giving her these things for years for Christmas, Valentine's and Easter. So that's how they entertained themselves. These 2 were their favorites.
We went to Chick-fil-a for lunch one day. There was a cow there!
Emma was scared of him!
The next day we headed out to the countryside where one of my cousins lives (this is the son of my mom's 1st cousin - my second cousins?) Anyway, his daughter Tate just turned 3 and got this little house out in the backyard. They girls had a tea party with donut holes.
Pretty cool little house I think!
Then they discovered the fort/playground on the other side of the yard.
I'm thinking that mowing the grass must take half the day! Sure is pretty though!
Tate has a big brother with some cool toys!
They have a little fish pond too. The girls loved hanging out with the big boys (the other boy is their cousin on the other side of their family).
They all played alot in this cool little tee-pee tent.
Emma loved her little cousin!
The view from the front door. It was such a treat to spend the morning here in this beautiful place. I managed not to take any pictures of my grown up relatives here. BUMMER!!

There's my uncle Bobby who made the girls laugh alot. He always made me laugh a lot when I was a kid too. I love my extended family!
He was our photographer. :)
We call this trio "Earl's girls" - my mom, grandmother and mom's sister (Aunt Sandy, Uncle Bobby's wife). Earl was my grandfather. :)Another fish pond picture... rearranging pictures is still a challenge.
We miss our guys, but we sure are having fun on our little girly adventure! Tony set up a blog for their mission trip that they are posting on every day - http://kumccostarica2011.blogspot.com/

































1 comment:
I think you have your grandmother's smile. :)
Yup, the son of your mom's cousin is your second cousin. The kids are third cousins.
I'm so proud of you for posting already! Love the pics!
Post a Comment